What are Typical Architectural Services?
It is said that customized design is not like, “going to the store and buying a toaster.” There is a distinct process that allows you to take a dream and transform it into reality.
That process, as far as buildings go, is described as Architectural Services. At Grizzly Bear Architecture and Design, we are able to assist you in Architectural and Design Services, including but not limited to the following:
- Architectural Programming – the discipline of developing an itemized breakdown of spaces and required areas for those spaces, performance criteria for structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, accessibility, sustainability, adjacencies of spaces, and furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
- As – Built Drawings – Drawings that document an existing condition or conditions and as a ‘phase’ is usually completed prior to any design. Many times, work will go faster if you have drawings documenting all observable conditions.
- Schematic Design – The transformation of programmed needs into spaces and adjusting space adjacencies is accomplished in this phase. Here, we take the verbal and diagrammatic portion of the Architectural Programming phase (above) and cause forms and shapes, walls, windows and doors, to take on the life and look that you want for the final product.
- Design Development – This phase involves taking the schematic design drawings and transforming / refining them so that they may be given to consultants in the Construction Documents phase.
- Construction Documents – Specifications and Drawings- Preparation, review, coordination and corrections based on agency requirements and client revisions.
- Contract Administration – Insuring that the terms of the contract and performance is achieved according to the construction documents, namely, the Construction Drawings and Specifications.
- Meetings – Meetings with clients, building officials, city officials, contractors, drive time to meetings, reviewing proposals, cost of presentation materials, transportation costs, etc.
- Project Management – Includes all actions necessary to insure that the architectural project is moved along from Schematic Design toward submittal to the governing body for the goal of achieving the building permit stamp.
- Materials, FF&E and other Research as necessary for meeting the requirements of each specific project.
- Coordination – Reviewing consultants information and insuring that the consultants’ contract documents are consistent with the overall intent of the design documents.
- Special Permits – Conditional Use Permits, Certificates of Occupancy, Minor Use Permits, Conditions of approval all require the skills of an architect and thereby architectural services.
- City Planning – Preparation of color boards, Elevation renderings, plans, etc. for the purpose of satisfying City Planning requirements.
- Other items agreed upon or necessary for the completion of the work / contract documents.
- Consultation – For any number of possibilities related to your design or architectural needs.